Error 70 message with my 60D

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I was shooting with my Canon 60D last night and the battery ran out. I switched to a fully charged spare, but got the following message: "Err 70. Shooting is not possible due to an error. Turn the camera off and on again or re-install the battery."

Turned it on and off, re-installed the spare, but still the same message. I charged the empty battery and re-installed it, same message again. Nothing extraordinary happened while shooting before the problem, the pics I took, up to the final one, were fine (downloaded them to my computer from the memory card). Any suggestions? The camera is about 18 months old. Thanks.

Comments

• Howdy @Evil_Pen - In my experience, that error usually pops up when you're shooting in extreme temperature conditions (hot/cold), when you've been using Live View/Movie Mode for long periods of time or when one of the battery contacts goes haywire.

If you haven't already, I would remove the battery and lens from your camera (attach the body cap). Let it sit for a couple hours in a cool room and recharge your battery to full capacity. Then re-attach your lens and insert your battery. If that doesn't resolve it, you'll have to give Canon support a call. Let me know how it all shakes out.
  • edited July 2012
    Error 70 happened to me too. What should I do?
    I was shooting last night but then early today when I was about to view my clips the error popped up. I am running out of money to send it to the service center. Please help!
    Thanks and God bless!
  • edited July 2012
    Help. Please!
  • edited August 2012
    My camera is 60D Sir, not Rebel. But thanks anyway.
  • edited September 2012
    Error 70 refers to "Malfunctions related to images have been detected."
    I think it can be some write error at the memory card.