Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Error 70 message with my 60D

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I was shooting with my Canon 60D last night and the battery ran out. I switched to a fully charged spare, but got the following message: "Err 70. Shooting is not possible due to an error. Turn the camera off and on again or re-install the battery."

Turned it on and off, re-installed the spare, but still the same message. I charged the empty battery and re-installed it, same message again. Nothing extraordinary happened while shooting before the problem, the pics I took, up to the final one, were fine (downloaded them to my computer from the memory card). Any suggestions? The camera is about 18 months old. Thanks.

Comments

• Howdy @Evil_Pen - In my experience, that error usually pops up when you're shooting in extreme temperature conditions (hot/cold), when you've been using Live View/Movie Mode for long periods of time or when one of the battery contacts goes haywire.

If you haven't already, I would remove the battery and lens from your camera (attach the body cap). Let it sit for a couple hours in a cool room and recharge your battery to full capacity. Then re-attach your lens and insert your battery. If that doesn't resolve it, you'll have to give Canon support a call. Let me know how it all shakes out.
  • edited July 2012
    Error 70 happened to me too. What should I do?
    I was shooting last night but then early today when I was about to view my clips the error popped up. I am running out of money to send it to the service center. Please help!
    Thanks and God bless!
  • edited July 2012
    Help. Please!
  • edited August 2012
    My camera is 60D Sir, not Rebel. But thanks anyway.
  • edited September 2012
    Error 70 refers to "Malfunctions related to images have been detected."
    I think it can be some write error at the memory card.