Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3100 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Welcome!

Howdy dudes and dudettes! Well, it's pretty simple. If you've got questions about your Nikon D3100, you can start a new discussion and get tons of helpful replies from other D3100 owners all across the world, including yours truly. :)

To get started, go ahead and register an account here at Camera Tips.

To start a new topic or discussion, just click the Ask a New Question button in the upper right hand corner.

To reply to a current topic, just click a thread below and you'll see a Post Comment button towards the bottom of the discussion.

Happy shooting!

Comments

• Hi folks
    Newbie here, from the UK just bought a Nikon D3100 looking to learn new tricks and get to grips with a dslr given up the point and shoot.
    Smiff
  • Hello Moose,

I am Ashok From India... Thanks for helping us with your tips...
  • Hello Moose, just stumbled across your forum, I have recently got a D3100 from beautiful wife for a birthday present. I hope to take good pics of her. I browsed through the forum and already found it very helpful.
    Haroon - from South Africa
  • just flew in looking for some tips to get the best from my new camera
  • Hi Moose, on D3100 specs and features you say movies do not support built-in Mic, I think you meant to say it does support built in mic in mono but does not support external mic input. Cheers.
  • just found your forum after recieving d3100 kit from my wife for xmas ,added it to main bookmarks as im sure ill be back regular .thanks
  • Recieved one for Christmas!Looking to learn and share with my new D3100.
  • Been having a Nikon 3100 for a 2 months now, and I must say this site has helped a lot in understanding it! I know still have a lot to learn, and will surely be checking this site regularly!
  • Hello,
    I just bought A nikon D3100 and i want to know and learn all about the camera.
    and share photo's! greetzz
  • Hi,
    Just joined the forum had my d3100 for around 6 months and as a beginner this forum is amazing already found some great tips. I have joined a few forums and found some very snobby and pretentious and had one or two sarcastic answers to questions I asked, sort of put me off joining in, however I notice several questions I had been answered in a friendly and knowledgeable fashion, thanks for a great forum.

• @Electricwitch - Thanks for the kind words! I can promise that this forum will always be friendly and centered around beginners. Happy shooting! :)
  • Hi to all! just joined the group will buy my Nikon D3100 tomorrow and I am excited, hope to learn professional photography regards to all.
  • Just joined looking forward to learning more about my camera
  • Just joined few days ago, I want to start in the photography world, so I'm kinda researching through forums about which camera should I buy, or what can I do before I go into this world and all the things that I should do or know before getting started, and this forum seemed nice to me so I hope I can learn the necessary stuff here :)
  • @Bojo - Welcome to the forum! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
  • Hello everyone! Im newbie here... I spend my free time reading all suggestion and opinion regarding Nikon D3100. Its a everyday learning. :)
  • @Jlab0y2 - Welcome and happy shooting!
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Folks! I just bought a D3100. Found this forum on Google. Excellent stuff! Thanks @Moose!
  • @futchereagle - Glad you stumbled upon it and welcome! :)
  • Great forum...helped me out with with my initial queries after just purchasing my D3100 - great forum everyone!