Considering the 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens

edited June 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hi @Moose - Never been rich, so never considered an "L" lens. The 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM has had great reviews and I could get one for around $1,380 (£890). My question is, what is your opinion on this lens and its use on a cropped sensor like the T2i? I look forward to your reply. Best regards, PBked

Comments

• Howdy @PBked - The 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM is like any other "L" lens...razor sharp, especially when compared to the non-L 70-300mm IS USM at full telephoto 300mm.

On most zoom lenses, things tend to get a bit soft the more you zoom. However, in my time with the lens, things remained consistently sharp from 70mm all the way out to 300mm.

If you're into wildlife photography and tend to crop photos in post-processing, the added detail is noticeable.

As for its overall performance with the T2i, focusing speed is very quick and image quality is top notch. If you can get it for a good price and it doesn't have any defects, then it would be a fantastic lens to add to your arsenal.

Happy shooting!
  • Hi Moose
    Thanks very much for your reply. The £890 / $1,380 price I quoted is for a new lens, so it should be free of defects.
    Regards
    PBked