I'm having a hard time getting crisp and sharp photos

edited June 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I'm having a hard time getting crisp and sharp photos.

Any advice?

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Which method of focusing are you using?

If you're focusing manually, try 'live view on' and use the Zoom (+) back panel, top right.
    If you're auto focusing set the focus points view on and make sure the point of interest gets a little red box before you snap the shot.

More generally (sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here) if you are using manual or aperture priority higher numbers give a broader depth of field and crisper focus at the center.

Camera shake and motion blur can also make an image less crisp. If you think this is the problem than faster shutter speeds and a lens with image stabilisation and a tripod can all help.

Finally, the auto focus can have problems with low contrast, smoke/mist or reflective surfaces.

Hope that helps.
  • edited July 2012
    It all depends on which settings you are using, and what lens you have on the camera. That way we can give you the best advice.
  • edited July 2012
    Im a novice, but yes I would say its more so your lens than anything else.

Unfortunately lots of budget lenses have "front focusing" and/or "back focusing" issues.

This may help:

The video doesnt start till after 31 seconds, so dont freak out.

PS-Sorry about it being a Nikon video. I just grabbed the first one I could find.