Manual for D3100

edited June 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Do you find having the manual printed and in front of you useful?? I've watched a DVD on the D3100 and they advise doing so. If that is the case, where do I find a printable version. All I can find is one that will download onto my computer but not let you print it. Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I believe there is a copy of the manual on the discs that came with the camera. If you cannot find your discs you can download a copy in .pdf from:
    http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16910/~/user's-manual---d3100---guide-to-digital-photography

You will need a pdf reader if you don't have one. Adobe, nitro or foxit reader should allow you to print the file out. I know the last 2 will I have used foxit and now use nitro. Why would you want to print out 224 pages? Surely it is better to refer back to the on-screen version because carrying all that paper around will not be light.
  • edited June 2012
    I found it helpful to have a printed manual. I took the CD that came with the camera to Staples. It was $23 to have it printed & spiral bound.
  • edited June 2012
    I hate killing trees, so I just print out what I need from the CD manual and any other reference material I find (I even print postings from this site). I keep them categorized in a file folder at my desk. I find it helpful to review items and concepts that I had trouble with to see how I progressed or digressed.
  • I emailed it to myself then saved a copy to my smartphone so I can just view it as a pdf anytime.
  • edited June 2012
  • edited February 2013
    If you call Nikon and explain that you didn't have a full printed manual with your camera when you bought it, they will mail one out to you. It is complementary if you bought your camera within 12 months. If bought more than 12 months ago it's around UK£7.00.
    Hope this helps!