Signal Cable for my Phottix Battery Grip

edited June 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Hi. Bought a third party (Phottix) battery grip for my D3100 last year, since Nikon had not come up with a battery grip yet. At first it was working really great. It has a slot for two EN-El14 batteries and a vertical shutter. For the vertical shutter to function, the battery grip has a signal cable attached to the USB port at the side of the camera. The only problem is that I lost my signal cable a few weeks ago. I tried to search for a signal cable online but you have to buy the whole set (batt grip with cable). My question is, is there an online store or somewhere that you know of that sells only signal cables.

Hope you can help me on this. Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Have you tried their website, in the accessories section? Could this be the cable you're after (see here)?

• While we're on the subject, what is the advantage of a battery grip besides having an extra storage space for your battery. Do the combined batterys double the battery life? During the film days, a grip allowed you to shoot continous frames. Now all cameras can do this. Is it worth it for the extra weight and bulk?
  • edited June 2012
    Grips allows you to shoot vertically through its vertical shutter, very good when shooting marathons and other events that usually requires portrait orientation. Yes, two batteries means longer usage, just like our film days.
  • edited September 2013
    What's the the purpose of the signal cable? I am about to order a new battery grip for my Nikon D3100.
  • Hey @adolfo425 - It allows the shutter button on the battery grip to communicate with your camera. All the best!