SDHC

edited May 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Just joined the T2i family this weekend! My stellar girlfriend got me one for my birthday, along with an EFS 55-250mm f4-5.6 IS II lens. LOVING this thing so far.

I took the memory card from my old camera (an 8GB SDHC) but the more I read up about the camera, I realize I should get a larger capacity card that is a Class 10.

Is the SanDisk - Ultra 32GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card a good one? I'll probably be shooting in RAW + JPEG.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+-+Ultra+32GB+Secure+Digital+High+Capacity+(SDHC)+UHS-I+Class+10+Memory+Card/4957218.p?id=1218582250917&skuId=4957218&st=sdhc&cp=1&lp=7

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited July 2012
    Hi
    Short answer to your question is yes. However, I prefer to carry 2 x 16gb. If you fill up a 32gb card and something goes wrong, like it gets corrupted, you've lost a lot of data. However, if you fill up one 16gb and begin to fill up the 2nd, the chances of both cards getting corrupted is remote. I mention this as I learned through bitter experience.
    Regards
    PBked
  • Good tip. I ended up picking up the 32GB yesterday, but it was relatively cheap so I might just pick up a second and switch them off. Thanks!
  • @cincodemayo: I agree to @PBKed. Bitter experiences with me too... :-(