Date stamp help

edited August 2015 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
When I take pictures, the date is stamped on the front of the picture. How can I remove date on the front and put it on the back of the photo?

Comments

• edited August 2015
    You can turn off the date stamp, but you cannot print it on the back. There is no facility in the camera, and none I know of in software to print both sides of a sheet.

It's a nice idea, since all that information exists in the "exif" file that accompanies an image, and a little googling suggests you're not the first person to wish someone made software that would do it, but it appears that none exists for the consumer, though apparently some commercial printers can.

I'm afraid at this point as far as I know, all you can do is write it in, or perhaps to find a way to print the EXIF data for shots on separate labels, and add them later, but for that I don't know if any utility exists that either makes this easy or allows you to select only the date.

edit to add: I remember before going digital that our local photo printer dated all the prints on the back. It was very helpful to keep track of them, but no information existed on the film, and the date was that of the printing.

It looks as if Shutterfly printing may allow this. I have not investigated, but they or other printing services may allow back printing.