Date stamp

edited August 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hi, I have a D3200, which I'm slowly getting the hang of. The problem I have is that the date appears on my pictures randomly! There will be 20 or so without then another 20 with it on. I have followed the instructions and turned off the date setting in the menu but it is still happening. Please someone help me! :-(

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Guide mode date stamping is a separate setup option, so make sure if you use Guide mode that it is off in the setup there.

If you are printing directly from the camera, you can enable date printing either using PictBridge or the DPOF print order, so if you are printing from the camera, make sure these are set right. Page 116 and 121 of the full (CD) manual deal with this.

Ordinary "on file" date imprint cannot be done for Raw files, so if you can't seem to figure this out, you can reset your camera either to Raw or Raw + JPG, and the files should be date free.
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks ever so much for that. Is it possible to remove the dates that are already on the photos?
  • edited August 2015
    Unfortunately, I know of no way to remove dates that are already in, because they are actually a part of the image. The best you can do is to crop them out, or if you're very skilled in Photoshop or the like, to clone them out.
  • edited August 2015
    Definitely not skilled in Photoshop, but I really appreciate your advice. :-)