Tripod for the Nikon D5100

edited October 2013 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I know this is probably a stupid question, but I've been searching and searching and there are just so many different tripods out there! I was wondering which tripod you recommend for the Nikon D5100? The weight is always different, so I would like to know about your experiences with good tripods that don't fall down when carrying the Nikon. I'm not looking for a too expensive tripod, but of course not the cheapest. I'm just looking for a simple tripod for taking a family photo or a portrait or anything like that. Do you have any recommendations?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    @Ernasverris - The key is to find a balance for your needs. Backpackers put a lot of stock in super light, pros like one that is super sturdy, and the majority of us who are hobbyists like one to be rather inexpensive. Find one of moderate heft/size, moderate weight, and moderate price and I think you'll be set. Adjust according to your needs.

I'm sorry I can't recommend any particular one. I just don't feel comfortable because I don't have experience with many.
  • edited October 2013
    @Ernasverris - The Dolica Proline 60" carbon fiber is a great starter tripod (see here on Amazon). It comes with everything you need...the tripod, a ball head and a quick release plate. For it's size, it's quite light and very sturdy...perfect for your D5100. All the best!