Nikon OEM Batteries for the D3100

edited July 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Are the factory batteries of better quality than after market brands like Vivitar?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    I just bought a spare battery from a local camera shop. The manufacturer is Hahnel and they are an Irish company (could be German as they have an Umlot above the 'A'), but the battery is made in China. So far after 3 months of use I cannot tell the difference.
    I would rather go to a shop than buy off the internet as you don't really know what you are buying until you have parted with your brass and it arrives. At least you can take it back to the shop if it is no good and get your money back.
    A camera shop sells to a local population and expects repeat customers, so it is in their best interest to sell decent gear. Internet warehouses are not worried because they have already got your money and there are plenty of mugs out there that will use them.
    Also, there are a lot of cowboys selling batteries that are a fraction of the cost of a Nikon battery, but if it is too good to be true it probably is so keep clear.