Upgrades for T2i Starter Lenses

edited June 2013 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hi! I was wondering what would be the recommended upgrades for the T2i kit lenses (the 18-55mm and 55-250mm)? I would like to have an all-around set of three, including a 50mm prime. Is there a tier to look at, maybe starting at a lower price range and moving up? I was thinking about the Sigma 70-300mm instead of the Canon 55-250mm. I am interested in various photography and want a zoom lens that would possibly double as a macro. Thank you in advance!

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Hi @SamyPie,

I use the Nifty Fifty (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II) for portraits. I've used it for taking picture of insects as well, with good results.

I also have the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM as my all-around zoom lens. This is the lens that's connected to my camera body 90% of the time. It's wide enough for architecture and landscape. It's absolutely perfect for weddings, and the picture quality is outstanding.

Here's a review:
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-17-55mm-f-2.8-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

Of course, sometimes I wish I had a wider lens such as the Canon 10-22mm, and sometimes I wish I had a 200-300mm zoom lens, and sometime in the future I might purchase those. Those are specialty lenses that I would not use too often given the kind of pictures I like to take.