Retrieving Images that were Replaced

edited April 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
I had a wedding on Saturday and when my memory card was full I asked my husband to move the images to my laptop. He cut and pasted it. He picked the replace option when it came to the file names of the images. Can I retrieve any of the images? The memory card is empty because of the cut and paste and so is the camera. I need help, please!

Comments

• @Ansumi2013Tidbury - If he cut and pasted the images, then they should be still in your computers clipboard/memory as long as you haven't shutdown or copied/cut something else. Have you tried creating a new folder on your computer/hard drive and pasting the images by pressing Ctrl+V (windows) or Command+V (mac)?

If that doesn't work, you could always try retrieving the images using memory card recovery software. I would call the manufacturer of your memory card (SanDisk, Lexar, etc...) and see if they have recovery software...many of them do. All the best and good luck!
  • edited April 2013
    There's a free program called Recuva for retrieving deleted photos. Works with computers and memory cards...works quite well too.