Traveling With Your Nikon D3100

edited February 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Hi fellow newbie photographers! I've had a Nikon D3100 for about a year now, but I'm ashamed to say I haven't learned more about photography or played with it as much as I would have liked. So that's why I've joined this forum to inspire me to pick it up and start learning! I have an opportunity to try and take some beautiful photos when I go to Jamaica next week, which leads me to my question. Any advice or tips for traveling with your camera? I'm coming from cold and dry Canada to hot and humid Jamaica.

Thanks so much!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Just make sure it's well padded in a decent camera bag and secured to you safely. Do not to leave it sitting in direct sunlight, not even the shade if its very hot. If you decide to venture on the beach I would be very careful. With a slight breeze sand particles can enter the camera, especially around the lens area. Do not ever attempt to swap lenses if you have another while on the beach. Keep the lens cap on all times when your not using it as sand particles may scratch the glass.

• Perfect, thanks for the tips! I think I'll be sparing with using it on the beach now.