Lens Cap and Bag

edited February 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
I have a little bag for my camera, the type you put the lens down. I got a lens cap clip with a rope to prevent the lens cap from getting lost. The problem is when I put the camera in the bag, the lens cap clip is putting pressure on the lens on one side. I fear that over time it will damage my lens.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I can't seem to picture this. How is it putting pressure on one side?
    I understand that you don't want to loose the cap, but if your using a genuine nikon cap then they should fit perfectly. Personally I would just take the cap off and put it in the bag. Are you saying the camera with the lens cap on is tight in the bag?

• edited February 2013
    I used to have one of those cases for a previous camera and I tossed it. It takes way too long to fumble with the case to get the camera out and get the shot. If you have a lens hood on the lens the case becomes superfluous anyway. I've had my D3100 for two years. It's pretty robust and will take a moderate amount of abuse and flogging around. Keep the camera away from rain/moisture and don't let it hit the pavement and it should run for years without a case.