Camera Settings

edited October 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Hello, I just bought a Nikon D3100. This is a huge step for me as I was using a Nikon Coolpix L120. I am so confused. Two nights ago I went outside to take some pictures of my kids to try it out and I forgot to change any settings. I just know it was in Auto mode and my ISO was at 200 and the pictures came out grainy and dark. What are all the settings on the camera I need to change? I know ISO and aperture but I can't seem to figure out how to change them. I also don't know what other settings exist. When I change the settings what should they be on? I also noticed that the kit lens is not good while shooting indoors when it's dark or dim because it makes you use the flash or your picture is super dark. I plan on upgrading to a 50mm lens really soon. I also noticed that sometimes when trying to take a picture without the flash on and it's somewhat dim I will push the button to take the picture but it won't take it. Sorry if I am confusing anyone but I am confusing myself even as I am typing this out.

Comments