Berst Lens And SD Card For A Road Trip

edited October 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I'm going on a road trip from Dallas to Vegas and I'm planning to take pictures all the way. I have the T2i and want to make sure I have all the things I need to take great shots! I plan to go to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Carlsbad Caverns, Petrified Forest, the mountains and of course the lights and sights of Vegas. What size and class of SD card do you recommend? What ens do you recommend? Can you give any hints? I'm not an amateur photographer, but I'm not a pro yet either. Thanks to all in advance. I'm leaving in mid October.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I have the 18-55mm kit lens and the 55-250mm lens.
  • edited October 2012
    I also have the speedlite 430EX11Flash, which I am not very proficient with yet.
  • edited October 2012
    You could either rent or purchase the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8.

It's wide enough for great landscape shots, and great for night shots in Las Vegas.

• edited October 2012
    Also, a tripod is nice to have. As for the size of the SD card, you could go for three or four 16GB or 32GB SD cards. This would be enough for short video clips and lots of pictures.

It's cheap insurance to backup your pictures to a laptop or USB card in your hotel room every evening.