Tripods

edited September 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Would this be a good buy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/57-Inch-Tripod-Kit-For-Nikon-D3100-D5000-D7000-D90-DSLR-/170787851237?pt=US_Tripods&hash=item27c3bfcbe5#ht_3385wt_1271

Also can you guys/girls help me regarding tripods? What do I need to know?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Its a very good deal in terms of what you get, I'm just not sure on the build quality. I like to view before I buy on the web so I always take a trip to the store before hand.

I spent around the £75-£100 on my first tripod. Build quality is a must and the material used is always taken into account. Lugging around a heavy tripod is not that fun, so I went for a light weight but robust one. You pay a lot more but its worth it.

Just take into account what work you're doing. If you want a good all around tripod then this would be a suitable for you. :)

• edited September 2012
    Okay, thanks. I'm pretty much on a low budget so this will have to do.

• edited September 2012
    I too bought an inexpensive tripod. It was £14.00 and very light. I was in County Kerry last week and wanted to take some shots of incoming tide/blurred water. I had the tripod set, the camera on, and all the settings were ok. Looked great on the review screen but when I got home I was sadly disappointed. The water was blurred but the rock covered with small mussels was not as sharp as I would have liked. I had turned off the VR (tripod used). I asked myself why the lack of sharpness then remembered it was very windy that morning, probably enough to shake my very light tripod just a tiny bit, even though it was not extended. Mine has a hook at the bottom. A friend told me I should have used a plastic bag full of wet sand from the beach, tied a knot and hung it from the hook to stabilize the tripod. Lesson for the next time. Yours does not have a hook but you could improvise with a length of fishing line with a loop and a plastic bag and a few rocks.