Metering, Speed Light, Exposure Value And Exposure Compensation

edited September 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Greetings! On the D3100, I've got a great grasp of ISO, shutterspeed, and aperture after about a year of shooting with this camera. The images look awesome, warm, and exposed the way that I intended on the preview screen, but they are horribly dark and underexposed when I pull the images off the camera onto the computer (so dark to the point of having to trash most images becuase they're underexposed beyond digital recovery when printed, ie caucasians look notably brown).

Any tips or links you have on youtube or elsewhere you can direct me to for sorting out metering and/or exposure values as well as exposure compensation? Or do I simply need a reputable speed light that meters for me? Admittedly, I have no grasp of metering as of yet and I have a Neewer TT560 Flash speed light.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    If a picture looks good on the camera then it should look good when printed. Have you used Photoshop when trying to adjust your photos? I have seldom failed to recover a photo when using Photoshop and similar photo recovery programs.