How do I use my fisheye lens effectively?

edited August 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Obviously I have a T2i, and I am a beginner. I have the standard Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II lens and a little Polaroid .42 fisheye lens. So basically it seems like when I take a photo with my fisheye they never turn out well. They aren't crisp or clear, and sometimes I have a very hard time focusing because it just doesn't focus well. Am I supposed to be a certain distance from things? What are some good average setting for taking pictures with my fisheye in normal daylight? Also, I don't feel like my fisheye provides a very big fisheye effect. Should a .42 fisheye lens provide a good fisheye effect? It seems to be hardly noticeable most of the time. Thanks guys.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Hi,
    I assume that your Polaroid lens requires an adapter to fit your Canon and if so this is where most of your problems lie. Focus will be difficult because of the extremely narrow depth of field, probably no more than a couple of millimeters (1/8th inch).
    I am sorry I can't suggest settings to you because I have no experience with your set-up.
    Regards.