sharper images

edited August 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
When taking action horse shots, how do I get sharper, clearer image? Currently I am using auto mode with continuous shutter, but my shots don't seem very clear. I always end up sharpening them and adjusting the contrast on image editing software.

Comments

• mgpmgp
    edited August 2012
    Press the info button on the back go to the autofocus menu and choose af-c (continous autofocus), and your images will be sharp, because this is used for shooting moving subjects.
  • edited August 2012
    In the menu, switch from standard mode to vibrant. Then right arrow farther and adjust the sharpness to a higher level.Lastly, turn up the saturation and contrast.
  • edited September 2012
    I have looked and looked for a way to switch from standard to vibrant and a way to turn up the saturation and contrast but I cannot find it. Could you be more specific? Thanks !
  • edited September 2012
    Yes, first select menu. Go down one to the camera icon. Hit the right arrow key and go down to picture control. Select ok. There you have multiple picture controls. I don't see vibrant on my camera, but it gives you other options. I hope this helps you.
  • edited September 2012
    Babyboy, yes it did. Thanks for the help.
  • edited September 2012
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fit_photographer/. Trish I had the same issue. I photograph youth rodeos and I found these settings in daylight on my D3100 had great results: s priority, shutter 1250, ISO 400, AF-C. Good luck.