Remote Infra-red release

edited September 2015 Posted in » Nikon D5100 Forum
I have not been able to figure out why the IR always defaults back to single shot after setting and taking a shot. Once set up to IR-instantaneous, for example, after I take one shot I have to go back and reset the camera all over again. Is there a work-around for this?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    It should continue at IR, but only for a short time. There is a menu setting whereby you can set how long it goes before it reverts to single shot. It can be set from one minute to 15. Since it must be in standby mode, it uses some battery power when it's on, which is why the camera can't just stay in remote mode forever.

Every time you use it, the timer restarts, so if you set it for, say, 10 minutes, then if you come up to nine minutes and have not made a shot, you can waste a shot, and restart the ten minute countdown.
  • edited September 2015
    Thanks, that was it. The default setting is 1 minute and if you don't shoot a second shot within that time frame it defaults back. Also, if you shut off the camera, or switch between M and A to adjust exposure time and aperture it will fall back to default. Not very convenient, really.
    Thanks!