Camera won't focus

edited February 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
No matter what I change, my D3200 will not focus; everything is very blurry. I have tried resetting all settings, but nothing is helping. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I just got my camera a month ago and I'm frustrated!

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Let's start at the beginning. At the lens, switch the AF switch to M. Now, can you turn the very front ring of the lens and focus it? If you can do this, and if it appears to be in focus in the camera, then sensor is all right at least and the camera works.

Make sure the lens is completely mounted to the camera. Take it off and re-mount it.

Make sure the viewfinder diopter is not set wrong. Can you see the numbers in the viewfinder clearly? If not, adjust the little +/- knob on the side to see if that helps. Try live view for a clearer image.

Now switch the AF switch back to AF. When you aim the camera at various places, you should hear the AF motor working and see the front of the lens turning. Does it? If not, there is a problem.

On the kit lens, never try to turn the manual focus when it is set to auto, or you'll break it. It must be switched off for manual, on for AF.

If you can, try another lens. Perhaps you can borrow one, or try one out at a shop to see if the problem is only with your lens.