Canon T4i Shooting Cheerleading Competitions

edited October 2012 Posted in » General Discussion
Hey there, I am hoping someone could help me. I just purchased the T4i and I'm very excited as I have been shooting with an XTI and cannot get decent pictures of my daughter stunting. I was told that this camera should do the trick. I looked at the 60D, however, it was very big and felt uncomfortable in my hands.

So, could someone tell me what settings I should use where everyone on the team will not come out blurry.

I have the stock lens, a 28-135mm IS lens that I used with my XTI as well as a 75-300mm NON IS lens.

Thank you in advance.

Bonnie

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi cheermom,
    For sporty subjects you need to be using TV shutter mode. You will need to set a fast shutter speed of around 1/1000th. However, you need a decent depth of field as well such as f/5.6 or f/8. Use your ISO to try to match these settings. Secondly, you need to set your camera to AI Servo. Third, set your camera to continuous shooting as this will increase your chances of getting keepers.
    I would also use the 28-135mm on a tripod or monopod with the IS feature turned off. If not using a tripod make sure IS is turned on.
    Regards and good shooting,
    PBked