Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SD

edited January 2016 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi,

Currently I am using "Lexar Premium 200x 8GB SDHC Class10 U1" memory card in my Canon 60D and everything works fine. I am planning to upgrade to "Lexar Professional 1000x 128GB SDXC UHS-II/U3 Card (Up to 150MB/s read)" memory card. Does Canon 60D support 128GB? I saw you've mentioned Canon 60D supports 128GB memory cards in your memory card advice, but I am little confused with the mixed reviews in online.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hi @ARAVICHANDRAN,
    I am interested to know what type of photography you are doing which would warrant such a high capacity card. The other numbers are inconsequential as they will not make your 60D work any faster or increase the speed at which it buffers data.
    A fact of life many people don't appreciate until it happens to them is that memory cards can and do fail. I learned many years ago with the introduction of digital cameras that it is better to carry 2 or 3 cards with a smaller capacity than 1 card with a high capacity. If one fails, then you have only lost that amount of data. However, if a high capacity card fails, then you potentially could lose the lot.
    I carry a 2 x 16GB Lexar professional cards - 1 in camera and 1 spare. I shoot RAW which produces the largest file size and I have never fully filled the card which can hold just under 500 RAW files.
    Of course, if you wish to shoot video, which I don't because I do not consider it the best use of a DSLR, then a higher capacity card is useful, but I would still tend to invest in 2 x 64GB rather than 1 x 128GB.
    Please note that all the above is my own personal opinion based on years of experience and I do not expect anyone to take note of it.
    To answer your original question - yes the 60D should be able to support 128GB as Moose says.
    PBked