Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Canon T2i Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Landscape lens and filters for my T2i

edited March 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a landscape lens for my Canon T2i. I am thinking of purchasing the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, but was wondering if anybody had any other recommendations. Also, does anybody have any filter recommendations for landscape photography?

Comments

• edited March 2012
  • Thanks for all the advice! Would you recommend the Canon EF-S 10-22mm over the Sigma? I know its more expensive but is the price difference worth it? I have found some used for around $650 so I wouldn't be paying full retail price.
  • @davidmsilver - The Canon 10-22mm would give you "slightly" sharper images and faster focusing, however, if you're budget is maxed out at $650 you'd be better off with the Tamron or Sigma and a couple specialized filters (polarizer and neutral density)...especially for landscape photography. Just my two cents. Happy shooting! :)
  • Hello! I purchased a Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 lens for my Canon T2i and I was wondering what settings you use? Or any other advice? Thanks in advance!