Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Take better photos today with my Nikon D3200 Cheat SheetsCheck 'em out!

Reset my Nikon D3200

edited November 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
l just purchased my Nikon and somehow changed the settings, and I'm finding it difficult just taking a photo. Could you please inform me to what settings on the view finder I use to take normal photos for now? l will have to get some lessons but was hoping to get the camera to take photos easily. Also, can the screen show what l am looking at when taking a photo? At the moment all it shows is numbers.

With thanks, Simone

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Hey @Simone50 - To reset any settings you may have changed, just jump into the menu, navigate to the setup menu (wrench icon) and select 'Reset Setup Options'.

As for everyday/general shooting...just rotate the mode dial to P. It's the same as Auto, but it unlocks some additional features you may end up using at some point.

To see a live image on the LCD screen, just press the (Lv) button on the back of the camera.

If you need help with in-camera settings, I just release a set of cheat sheets for the Nikon D3200 that tell you exactly which settings I would use in a given situation. You can check them out here: http://www.cameratips.com/d3200/cheat-cards

All the best!