Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Recording an Interview: Equipment and Techniques

edited November 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I volunteered to do some video recording for my work which will be an interview setting. I currently have a 60D with a Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Any advice on additional equipment (lighting, sound recording, lens) to improve the quality of the filming? I am working on a small budget so I am thinking under $250 total in equipment upgrades, but potentially could stretch that to $500 if it would be a significant leap in quality. The interview will take place in a professional office. In addition, any advice on filming techniques and camera settings? Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    If you want decent quality for cheap, check around on Amazon. You'll find an LED light from Chromo that costs around $40. Two wired lavalier mics that use 3.5mm plugs can be had for about $80 if you watch. A tripod for camera and light would cost about $50, and a Y-connector that will allow you to plug your two mics into the 60D's one extrernal mic jack will be about $7. If you want to spend more, check out better-quality mics that use XLR cables (less interference) and check out lighting kits that offer two soft-box setups.