Recording an Interview: Equipment and Techniques

edited November 2012 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
I volunteered to do some video recording for my work which will be an interview setting. I currently have a 60D with a Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. Any advice on additional equipment (lighting, sound recording, lens) to improve the quality of the filming? I am working on a small budget so I am thinking under $250 total in equipment upgrades, but potentially could stretch that to $500 if it would be a significant leap in quality. The interview will take place in a professional office. In addition, any advice on filming techniques and camera settings? Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    If you want decent quality for cheap, check around on Amazon. You'll find an LED light from Chromo that costs around $40. Two wired lavalier mics that use 3.5mm plugs can be had for about $80 if you watch. A tripod for camera and light would cost about $50, and a Y-connector that will allow you to plug your two mics into the 60D's one extrernal mic jack will be about $7. If you want to spend more, check out better-quality mics that use XLR cables (less interference) and check out lighting kits that offer two soft-box setups.