Howdy, Stranger!

If you're just starting out in the world of photography and want to learn how to get the most out of your camera, then this forum is your new secret hangout spot!

Nikkor 18-300mm lens

edited March 2017 Posted in » Nikon Lens Talk
I've been operating with a D5100 and two lenses; an 18-55mm (kit lens) and a 55-300mm telephoto. My son bought the new D5100 and the 55-300mm from me. I ordered both the D5100 and the new 18-300mm lens to keep from having to switch them out. We just returned from an Alaskan cruise and I used the telephoto lens the whole times because the issue of the carrying two lenses - hard to do on excursions. I kept the 18-55mm lens as I do a lot of stepped focus macro photography for my modeling business.

Anyway, have you any experience with this new lens? Any issues to report other than weight?

Thanks,
Walt

Comments

• edited March 2017
    I know this is quite late but I've been perusing old posts. I've had the 18-300mm on my D3200 since I bought it a month ago. I am absolutely loving the fantastic range and the surprisingly good IQ for the price and range comprise.
  • edited March 2017
    I just got this lens and I am so happy! I got it on the Nikon site for $540. I'm getting rid of the 18-140mm. This lens is crisp and has gorgeous bokeh. It's the same size as the 18-140mm, but a little heavier.
    I have a D5500.