PNY Professional SD Card

edited August 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
How do you rate PNY Professional SD cards? I've only had my camera since February and probably removed the SD card twice since then to put pictures on my laptop. When I put it back in camera it reads no SD card.

Comments

• Howdy @patsy2 - Make sure the protection switch on the side of the card isn't in the locked position. Otherwise, I'd give PNY support a call and find out what the issue might be.
  • edited August 2013
    PNY is a recognized brand and should be fairly reliable. In addition to Moose's advice, I hope you didn't format the card in your computer or follow any messages that suggested the card might need fixing.
    Always format your card in camera. I have heard of many, many, many problems with cards that have not been formatted in camera. Also a good idea to delete photos in camera if you don't want to carry out a format. Whether on a computer or a camera, your photos are not actually deleted but hidden from view. It is because computer and camera operating systems have different ways of hiding your photos that problems arise. Your photos are only truly deleted by formatting.
    Best regards, PBked
  • edited October 2013
    I had one fail. There is apparently a known issue with the pro card. I had a 32GB card and suddenly it wasn't recognized by either my computer or camera. They sent me a new one.