View NX2 Picture Control Utility Software

edited February 2013 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Does anybody have any info using the View NX2 Picture Control Utility software (particularly after you have made the changes and want to save the changed image)? Niether the book that came with the camera nor the book by J. Dennis Thomas on the camera ever mentioned it. This is the one with the levels adjustment; the other editing controls are no problem.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hi @Bluestar,
    Picture control is an application that creates predefined settings; this is not designed to do what you think it is supposed to do. I believe you're trying to adjust the settings and apply it to the image? Settings like vivid and monochrome are all picture controls. These can be altered and then be applied to an image, but you would have to save it as a picture control. When you open picture control utility and select no you will see the sample image is a signpost right? This image can be changed to the one you're trying to edit but it must be in RAW format. When you have selected it and have the correct settings, then you have to save the picture control setting. Name it, select it and it should be applied to the picture. This would have to be done for every single picture though. Unfortunately View NX2 is very basic.

• Thank you for explaining that Riddelske. I used it with RAW but thought it was a bit strange the way it worked.
    I can normally get away without using it, but thought I would ask in case I was doing something wrong.