Issues With The VIEW NX2

edited October 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
Hi, I need urgent advice. Ever since I installed View NX 2 I have had this error message (ViewNX has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience) appear at times during processing, but always when I exit the program. I have deleted View NX2 and reinstalled it a half a dozen times and that doesn't help.
Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm running on a windows vista platform.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    I think this requires you to contact Nikon because it sounds like a software issue. I use NX2 on mac platform so I'm sorry I can't help. Hopefully someone else on here may be able to.
    Regards.
  • edited January 2013
    I am using View NX2 on Vista and I believe I had a similar problem when I first bought the camera, but since I upgraded it has been ok.
    I assume when you deleted the program you did it through the install/uninstall on the control panel.
    If you contact Nikon through their website and explain your problem, they will probably send you the ScanReg software. ScanReg cleans the computer registry after you have uninstalled all the Nikon programs. Sometimes there are bits of code left that could cause problems.
    After doing a ScanReg Install the latest revision from the Nikon website rather than using the disc, I am running Version 2.6.0. Your Camera Firmware should be
    A 1.01
    B.1.01
    L. 1.002.
    I've recently been in touch with Nikon and went through this checking and scanreg business.
    Your next question is "What and where is Firmware?" This is software on your camera as opposed to computer software.
    To find, on your menu screen, go to set up menu, scroll through the three screens and it's the very last item.
    As long as you are registered with Nikon, they will keep your NX2 software updated.
    If there was ever an update for the camera this would have to be loaded on your memory card through a card reader then downloaded to the camera. Follow the instructions provided in this eventuality from Nikon. I found the Nikon Software Department very good to work with to resolve problems.
    My problem turned out to be a user problem and I was able to figure it out myself, thank goodness.