SD Card Problem

edited October 2012 Posted in » Nikon D3100 Forum
I viewed some pictures on my computer by inserting my sd card with pictures I took on my new D3100. Everything was fine, but I have since loaded the two discs that came with the camera (viewnx2 and reference manual) and now my computer is not recognizing my card at all. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi bez,
    Have you managed to sort the problem out yet? Have you tried another SD card?
    Well I have been scratching my head and can't seem to think what it may be, but this may help.

Try formatting the SD card in the D3100 (you will lose all pictures taken). Then try again inserting it into the computer.

Have you locked the card by mistake?

If the card works in the camera then it boils down to a computer problem. I can't see how the programs installed have caused it not to work, because I use ViewNX2 and have had no issues.

Try shooting in JPEG not raw and then see if the computer recognizes it.

Let us know how you get on.

• edited October 2012
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. The lock on the sd card was really loose when I put it into my computer. It was locking then when I took it out it was unlocking. I bought myself a new card now. Thanks again, Bez