Double click when taking a picture

edited February 2017 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hi - I don't know what setting that has changed on my D3200, but when I got it, awhile ago, I pushes the shutter button and it clicks and takes a picture. Now, for some reason, it clicks and delays, then clicks again. I can't figure out - it's like it's a delayed exposure or something. Can you help?

Comments

• Are you getting two actual pictures, or just two clicks. If only two clicks, check the shutter release mode and see if it got switched to "silent." This delays the descent of the mirror, making for a double click. It is supposed to be a little quieter than doing it all at once. Maybe, but it sure as heck is not silent.
  • edited February 2017
    I get one picture and two clicks. It's on single picture, and not in quiet mode. It seems to be connected to this: if I look through viewfinder only it takes the picture correctly. If I bring it up on the screen on back of camera where you can review it, and take it from that viewpoint, it clicks twice and produces one picture.
  • Oh, you're in Live View. It will always click twice in live view, because the mechanism is working differently. If you think about what is happening, it makes sense.

When in Live View, the shutter must be open to view. You're actually seeing the image on the sensor when viewing. When you take a picture, the shutter must first close, then operate by opening and closing for the exposure, then open again for viewing. No problem here at all.
  • Thank you so much for the reply. Makes me feel better!