Nikon D5500

edited October 2015 Posted in » General Discussion
When is the version for Nikon D5500 due to appear?

Comments

• I think we're going to have to wait until Moose gets his hands on one.

You could send him yours. :)

Oh no, wait, you should send it to me, and I'll warm it up.
  • I would also like to hear more about the D5500. I bought the cheat sheets and my photos are sharper already. I was hoping for settings at night inside.

This is a great forum.

Mike
  • Hey @Nayef_Mauge, the D5500 cheat cards have been posted here: https://www.cameratips.com/nikon/d5500/cheat-cards
  • Hey @Miketosea - Each cheat card set is designed around the strengths of the lens. The 35mm and 50mm f/1.8G cheat card sets have scenarios for indoor low light situations. This is because of their bright f/1.8 apertures which let lots of light into the camera, leading to sharper images with less grain/noise. All the best!
  • Thanks Moose, you are easy to understand.
  • edited March 2016
    Hi again Moose. For right now I'm a one lens guy. Can you recommend a setting for very low light blowing out birthday candles? I'm guessing zoom to 18mm, aperture f/3.5, ISO ? Shutter speed? This would be in manual mode.

If you do an update of the 18-300mm lens I hope you do some night settings for those of us that don't like to change lens. I do have the 18-55mm kit lens that I haven't used yet.

If you can't do this, no worries, I will try to figure it out before Saturday night for my grandson's birthday party. I will practice first and go to auto if I have to. I always used auto on my Nikon D40 with the 18-55mm kit lens and I got nice shots.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
  • Hey @Miketosea - In this particular scenario, you'll need to use flash, especially with the 18-300mm or 18-55mm lenses. The aperture range on both lenses are the equivalent to wearing really dark sunglasses indoors. The camera literally can't "see" so it resorts to using really high ISO's in order to get faster shutter speeds. An external flash would be much better than the built-in flash, as it would allow you to bounce light off a ceiling for more natural looking shots compared to the on board flash which blasts your subject with harsh light. I'll be doing a tutorial on this very soon. :)
  • Thanks Moose, I have an sb400 flash that I will use.