How do I turn this display off

edited March 2016 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Some how I turned this display on. After each photo this display comes on. How do I turn it off?
Thank you,
Rick

http://s917.photobucket.com/user/infofrog/media/any pictures/image1_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Comments

• edited March 2016
    If you mean you do not want to see any image review after a picture is taken, this is a menu item on the "Playback" menu called "Image review".
    Turn that off, and no image review will be seen after a shot.

If you mean that the specific display you're seeing is one you don't like.....

When you are playing back a file, various options are available for looking at it and its info. You change which option you see by pushing the up and down arrows on the back, which toggle through the ones your camera has turned on. Whichever one was the last option you chose will remain the default playback display until you change it again with the up/down arrow.

To set which of the options you have on, go to the camera's playback menu, and look for "Playback display options > Additional photo info". It will present you with a set of possible options, and you should check what you want and uncheck the rest.

I recommend the default playback display (no check allowed for that) which shows a large photo with a small amount of file info under it, and the "overview" as bare minimum. The overview will show you a small view of your image, an exposure histogram, and basic shooting info such as shutter speed, ISO and the like, which are very useful for fine tuning and troubleshooting. There is also a "no information" display, which gives you the biggest image possible and nothing else. If you are struggling with exposure in difficult light, the "highlights" display can help by showing you what areas of your image are blown out (overexposed beyond recovery).

• edited March 2016
    Thats it. Thank you so much.
    rick