Apparel photographs for a t-shirt company's website

edited January 2016 Posted in » Canon T5 / 1200D Forum
I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone could help me figure out settings and lighting for apparel photographs for a t-shirt company's website. I have florescent box lighting, a white background, a tripod, and a Canon Rebel T5 right now. I have googled and tried some of the settings that have been recommended, but the pictures aren't crisp and clear, and don't show a lot of detail.

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hi @STAYSEA74,
    Here are a few suggestions.
    A) If you are not using a preset for white balance, then try choosing one. Or if not using a preset, set up a custom white balance.
    B) Switch your lens to MF unless it has full time manual focusing.
    C) Turn off IS on your lens if using your tripod.
    D) Turn on live view.
    E) Choose your aperture somewhere between f/8 and f/16 to ensure good depth of field.
    F) Now manually focus your lens until everything looks sharp and then press the +magnifying glass zoom button. Each time you press the button the green rectangle will give you a larger close up (this will only work if you have got Focus Check enabled in your menu). Adjust the focus manually just slightly to make sure everything is pin sharp.
    G) Now take the picture by pressing the shutter button or using the self-timer function.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Regards,
    PBked