Editing

edited August 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
What is some really good editing software? I know about most out there, but I want something that is really good. I want to be able to create a watermark logo and copyright my photos.

Comments

• mpmmpm
    edited August 2015
    I need to know what's good editing software also.
  • I just bought my D3200 yesterday (great deal at Best Buy). Compared to the Canon program I've used for many years, I find Nikon's version confusing and hard to use at best. There must be something better.
  • edited December 2015
    I'm afraid Nikon's strength is not in computer programming, is it? For editing Raw images, View NX2 and Capture NX-D (available from their website) work pretty well, but they do take some getting used to, and they are dreadfully slow on some computers.

I have not tried Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, but many people find their programs work well. Lightroom is very popular, and apparently does pretty well on Nikon's Raw files. Of course you have to buy those.

I'm afraid I am not much help, as I generally stick to the Nikon programs except for viewing, cropping and resizing and the like. This can be done fast with Irfanview and Faststone Image Viewer, freeware programs that are ideal for elementary tasks including changing file types, but offer very little in the way of image processing.
  • I've been using Photoshop Elements and like it's usability for fairly low one-time cost.