Shooting through a telescope

edited December 2015 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Hi, I've got a T2i and an adapter to connect it directly to the focuser tube on my Zhumell Z12 telescope. The problem is I can't seem to get it to focus. The image on the LCD just remains blurry. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Hi @shaggy56660,
    Could you provide more details on the adapter you have purchased. For example, has it got any kind of lens on it? I am not sure about your telescope, but most focus internally on a mirror which you then look at with your eye. A camera needs to have some kind of lens attached so that the image on the mirror can be focused onto the sensor.
    I'm sort of groping in the dark here as I don't know your scope and I could be well off beam. It is many years since I did any of this kind of work back in the days of film.
    PBked
  • edited December 2015
    There is no lens on the adapter. You remove the lens from the camera and the adapter screws directly into the camera body. On the other end of the adspter is an 1.25" tube that slides onto the telescopes focuser tube.
  • edited December 2015
    Hi again,
    Thanks for coming back. I have been watching several youtube videos and been researching the subject of astrophotography.
    It would seem from my research, that your type of telescope tends to produce more blurry pictures than other types of scopes, something to do with 'light travel falloff' or something like that.
    This is not an area I am expert in so I'm hoping that someone else on the forum can offer you advice on how to improve the quality of your photographs.
    PBked
  • edited September 2016
    Can you post a picture of your telescope and attachments?
  • Just a wild guess, but that avatar suggests that @laurence might be the guy to ask!
  • edited September 2016
    Hope all is well. Never heard back on what type of scope it was, but assuming it is a Newtonian like mine, this link might help.