Lost images

PehPeh
edited October 2015 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I have a simple problem.
I have been traveling and taken many images.
Mid way through trip I couldn't scroll through the images on the camera screen in playback, even though the images appeared as I took them.
I assumed the camera would stop shooting as soon as the SD card was full, or does this Nikon keep shooting and the images don't save?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I would try reading the card in a computer to see if perhaps the pictures are there and perhaps on a different folder. It is also possible, of course, that the card itself has a problem.

When you look at the card on the computer, you should be able to determine how much of its capacity has been used.

Since I have a few very small SD cards, I tried this on my D3200. It stops and gives a "card is full" message, and will not fire at all. The "slot empty release" option does not influence this.

There is a "slot empty release lock" option in the setup menu which will allow you to shoot with no card at all, but saves no pictures. A red "demo" label appears on the playback screen. I advise making sure the release lock is enabled so that you cannot accidentally shoot with no card.