Welcome!

edited March 2015 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
Howdy dudes and dudettes! Well, it's pretty simple. If you've got questions about your Canon T3i, you can start a new discussion and get tons of helpful replies from other T3i owners all across the world, including yours truly. :)

To get started, go ahead and register an account here at Camera Tips.

To start a new topic or discussion, just click the New Discussion button on this page here.

To reply to a current topic, just click a thread below and you'll see a Post Comment button towards the bottom of the discussion.

Happy shooting!

Comments

• edited March 2015
    I want to incorporate a teleconverter to my lens kit. From what I have been able to research the Tameron 2X SPAF Pro seems to be compatible with the Rebel T3i 600D and the Tameron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 zoom lens. Can that be confirmed and what might be the limitations? If I want to up the challenge, that is the amount of investment, would I be better served by using the Canon 2x entender? Any clarification of this question is greatly appreciated.
  • edited March 2015
    I could not find the ask a new question button, so I am posting here. Do you have cheat sheets for Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS lens? I am using that for my walkabout lens. Yes, I have recently learned a new word.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi @T_BONE
    Have a look at this link for further information.

(see here)

Regards,
    PBked
  • edited March 2015
    Remember that if you double the focal length, you lose two or more stops of lens speed and increase the shake in proportion as well. Without vibration control, a 300 on cropped format will require about 1/500 shutter speed to hand hold. With a 2x converter, you're ending up with a 600 mm f/11+ lens at the long end. Not so bad on a tripod, but it will be nearly impossible to hand hold and AF will be slow if it works at all.

Some of the rules here have changed. In the days of film, a teleconverter was usually a good tradeoff, even though it degrades the image some. Cropping was iffy, and in the case of slides not an option at all. With slow film a tripod was probably already necessary anyway. Nowadays, with sharp digital sensors, there's a lot of room to crop, and there may be less lost with a crop than with an extender.

I'd stick to 1.4 or 1.5, which still often gains more than a crop. If you need more reach, crop that image.
  • Hey @sklarlosangeles - I'm actually working on a set for that particular lens. If you'd like I can notify you once it's available. All the best!
  • edited September 2015
    I use the Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 as my everyday lens. Which of your cheat sheet cards would help me the most? Thanks!
  • Hi @booshmom - I'm finishing up a set for the Tamron 18-270mm. If you'd like I can put you on the waiting list and notify you once it's available. All the best!
  • edited January 2016
    I just bought your cards and I'm so excited about learning to use my T3i. Excited about seeing user info in the forums too. Great website, easy purchase, all set up on my laptop and mobile.

Thanks Moose,
    J