Continuous shooting in Auto mode

edited April 2012 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
I can't figure out how to enable continuous shooting (burst) in Auto mode?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I think I know what you are talking about...for some reason you can't enable continuous shooting in Auto mode, however, you can with Creative Auto mode (square with the CA) or any other mode besides Auto.

Just hit the left arrow and select the option with the multiple squares. Also be aware that while you have the menu up, you can hit the Q button and use the arrows to select any option and use the wheel in the top to make changes (confirm with the set button). Hope this helps!
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you for your response. I am trying it but since the flash keeps popping up it won't work. I will experiment with it tomorrow outside and see what happens.

I miss the fun of my easy point and shoot, but am looking forward to learning all the angles of this new very complicated camera! I know it will be worth it! I will have lots of ?'s and am glad to have found this site!
  • edited April 2012
    Sounds like your shooting with the flash 'on'. You can turn it 'off' by hitting the Q button and using the arrows to select the flash options and then use the wheel (top by the ISO button) to disable the flash and then confirm with SET. Don't worry...it's frustrating at first, but once you start learning the more you will be able to do with your t2i. It's a lot of fun.
  • @gaymarie - Yep, I don't think continuous shooting is available in Auto mode. I would enable Program mode (P on the mode dial), which is essentially an advanced auto mode giving you the ability to make adjustments to your settings...like continuous shooting.

As you may have already found out, you can't use the built-in flash along with continuous shooting. You'll need to disable the flash before firing off a burst of images. Happy shooting! :)
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks to you both for the tips! I am slowly getting the hang of it. I have trouble in the P mode with getting the correct settings. The last few times I tried it I got essentially nothing, it was like the camera was off.
  • @gaymarie - If you get stuck in the future and you're not sure how to fix the settings, you can revert everything back to default (under the third wrench tab inside the Menu). That should clear any mishaps. Happy shooting! :)