60D cheat cards

edited July 2014 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
First off, hello to all. I'm new to photography and the 60D. I upgraded from a Rebel XTI and man what a difference. I know some have already asked about a 60D cheat card, but I was wondering if any are available, and if so where to find it. Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Hey @730hdr - Welcome to the forum! I've toyed with the idea of doing a set for the 60D. If I do get around to it, I'll be sure to let you know. All the best!
  • edited August 2014
    I have not had the time to play with the camera as I would have liked, but I'm leaving behind my time eaters divorce/legal problems, learning Adobe LR, PS, & Bridge. I'm moving into the woods within a week or two, mid August, until at least winter, and I would like to spend that time learning all I can about the camera and techniques to make for better photo's.

I have been following your advise when able but will probably not have internet access except when in town for supplies.

I also have a nice tripod, a Neewer timer (with no instructions bought through Amazon so Neewer wants me to get info through Amazon, who I contacted about a month ago without any results as far as instructions on how to use). I read them and it seemed straight forward but now wish I had the instructions. Lost my home and everything in it thanks to a false police report and bad (are there any good) attorneys.

Any help would be appreciated as I am copying all the information I have gathered through other sources for reference, but your advise has been humanly straight forward and useful. If I get no more I want to thank you for what I have gotten up until now.

Thank you,
    Brian P Murphy
  • edited August 2014
    I would LOVE a set of the cheat cards as well. Please remember me when/if they are made! Thanks kindly!
    : 0)
  • edited October 2014
    I would love a set of cheat cards as I'm trying to learn my 60D.
    I've had this camera a year now and I keep it on auto.
    I'm not sure how to use the settings.
  • edited October 2014
    Thank you @moose, I truly can't wait and if any other help can be sent I'm willing to take it. Any tips for indoor dark shooting like a club or lounge?
  • Hey @skai @terry @DLRB @730hdr - Which lenses do you all have?
  • edited October 2014
    @moose I have a Tamron 18-200mm, Rokonin 8mm fisheye and Canon 50mm.
  • edited October 2014
    Currently I have a Canon 40mm pancake lens and a Canon 100mm Macro.
  • Thanks @730hdr and @skai for your feedback. I'm strongly considering creating a couple sets for the 60D. The first will most likely be for the 18-135mm kit lens and the second will probably be for the 50mm and 40mm prime lenses. I'll keep you guys updated as I get time to create these for you and other 60D owners. All the best!
  • edited October 2014
    @Moose, I'm a newbie and would greatly appreciate a set of cards. Thank you and in advance and for all that you do on here.
  • edited January 2015
    Love this forum! I would love to get a set of cheat cards for the 60D as well. Thank you for sharing this information.
  • edited January 2015
    Hey @moose and everyone here, hope all is well and the family is great and in good health. Just wondering if you have ever come around to making the set for the 60D? Any set would be appreciated. I currently have a Canon 50mm f/1.8 prime, Canon 85mm f/1.8 prime, Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 and a Sigma 8mm Fisheye. Thanks in advance, hope to here from you soon.
  • Hey @730hdr - I do still have it on my to do list. I've been busy with lots of projects, but it's still a priority for me to do a set for the 60D and 70D. Hope all is well with you and yours!
  • edited February 2015
    Hi moose,
    I've been reading about the cheat sheets and I was wondering if I could get a set for my canon 60D EFS 18-135mm lens? If you can get back to me that would be greatly appreciated and helpful. :)
  • Not sure what model Neewer timer you have, but here is one link to an instruction manual that might be a start:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100733549/EZa-C3-Digital-Timer-Remote
  • edited February 2015
    Thank you for this site! I have had such trouble with my 60D and now I know it was operator errors!
  • Hi @rayne - Yes, I do plan on creating a set for the 18-135mm lens.
  • Welcome to the forum @Carinsa26 :)
  • edited February 2015
    I usually do close-ups of my family. Any ideas for a quick setting? Thanks for this wonderful site!