Flash settings in different modes

edited January 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
Hi,

I've had my D3200 for a couple of days.

I've read the manual, I've gone through every menu and I've googled this question and I still haven't found the answer.

How do you turn the flash off in M, A, S and P modes? It's driving me crazy!

Thanks

P.S. My cat is called Moose :)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi Rose, I hope I can help.

I believe the answer to your question is to simply push the flash down and it will stay down until you press the flash button underneath the flash on the left hand side.

Also, on the LCD display, the flash icon will either be highlighted or not, accordingly.

Good luck and have fun.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for your reply. I will try that this evening.

Rose
  • Hi again,

I tried pushing the flash down but it continued to try and pop up each time. I can hold it down for each shot but I'm worried that it'll damage the camera because I can feel it trying to open under my finger. Do you think it's ok to do this?

Rose
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rose,
    Definitely do not hold the flash down; this will certainly cause damage. Is the flash unit clicking when it is shut? Check the release mechanism by pushing in the flash open button while the flash is raised.
    The built in flash should only open if set to auto when in auto mode. In PASM modes the flash has to be raised before it can be used. If you have only had the camera a couple of days, is it possible to return to where you bought it, because I think it is faulty.
    Regards, PBked