Micro Memory Cards

edited January 2014 Posted in » Canon T2i Forum
Can the T2i accept the 32GB Micro SDHC Class 10 memory card with adapter?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi,
    Yes it can, but I would advise against it for several reasons. Best stick with standard size SD cards.
    Regards, PBked
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks for your answer, but what are the reasons for not using them? Could you please explain?
  • edited January 2014
    Hi again,
    First, there have been issues where they have become jammed inside the camera. Second, frequent use can wear the contacts in the adapter which are not as robust as the contacts on a standard SD card. The SDHC cards are not as robust having been primarily made for fitting to cell phones and left in situ, not taken in and out on a frequent basis.
    As I said before, they can be used if that is your choice.
    Regards, PBked
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you for your reply. I was thinking that for uploading my pictures to my tablet by using the micro SDHC card that would fit my tablet.

Rick
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rick,
    Check to see if your tablet has a micro usb slot. Using the correct usb lead, it is easy to transfer your photos from computer to tablet using Windows explorer and is a better way than using the micro SDHC directly.
    Best regards, PBked

PS. I have just spoken with a friend who says that he has used a micro SD card and adapter in the way you describe without any problems. So hey, what do I know! Lol
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks again. It has the micro usb slot. I may get a 16GB micro SDHC with adapter and just find out on my own.

Rick