Back-up camera

edited January 2014 Posted in » Nikon D3200 Forum
I currently have the D3200 and I love love love it! I am still learning and have no formal schooling, but I plan on doing that in the future as I am active duty in the military currently. I am 20 and female (21 in June!!!!).

I would like to do some more professional sessions, and I know that if something were to go wrong with my camera or I run out of battery that would be very unprofessional.

Me question for all you Nikon buffs is this: What is a good lower grade camera that could shoot similar to the D3200 that I could bring along as a "just in case" or possibly use just as much? I have the kit lens and a 55-200mm VR auto-focus lens. If you have any recommendations on lens upgrades that would also be great!

I process with Lightroom if that pertains to any advice you may have for me.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi,
    Have you considered a second Nikon D3200 body only? You could save cash by buying a refurbished model from a reputable dealer and that way your existing lenses won't be wasted. As for running out of battery, shame on you. One of the first items you should always invest in is a second battery.
    Glad you are enjoying your photography and happy birthday for June. Although, I am English and live in London, I have great respect for all those who serve whether here or in America. Keep up the good work.
    Best regards, PBked
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Coastie.
    PBked is right about getting a second D3200. Nikon has just announced the D3300, so the price of the D3200 will come down. Look for bargains on the body only. Consider also getting a prime lens such as a 35mm f/1.8G or 50mm either f/1.4G or f/1.8G. All three are reasonably priced and you can then use both cameras without having to swap lenses during your shoot. And yes, get yourself a spare battery for each camera. ;-)