From Film to DSLR

edited June 2013 Posted in » Canon 60D Forum
Hi guys, I just bought my first DSLR. I’ve had film SLR’s since the mid-70's when I started out with a Yashica TL Electro. For the past few years I’ve been using a Canon EOS Elan film camera, but today my 60D arrived and I guess I’ll be lurking around here for a while so I can better figure out the ins and outs of my new camera.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Welcome and good luck. You've bought a beast, but it's well worth mastering!
  • edited June 2013
    Hi,
    I second MisterD in saying welcome to the forum. As he says, getting to know your camera is the first obstacle. If you're like us you have spent years with film and you will have no problems with digital. It's the eye behind the camera which is important, not the camera.
    Best regards, PBked
  • edited July 2013
    Thanks guys, I've been looking at the manual somewhat as I play with the camera. So far the only thing I don’t care for is the location of the button to stop down the lens. It’s a little awkward for me while trying to hold the camera and check the depth of field. Other than that I love the camera and I went ahead and bought the 18-200mm lens and checked a couple of my older lenses from my Elan and they worked good. Also found my RC1 remote control works with my 60D. So for now I have a learning curve ahead of me but it's one I look forward to.