Photo Editing Programs/Colors

edited May 2013 Posted in » Canon T3i Forum
I took pictures at a T-ball game at midday. My reds look orange and skin tones were funky red. I understand that this is a horrible time of day for lighting, but thats the game times. I played with various settings including fill flash and getting below hat levels, but then gave up. I tried my best with editing, but ended up going to black and white edits in the end.

I also took pictures of cars at a racetrack at midday times as well. I couldn't get the colors or the contrast right.. Oranges looked weird, and florescent pinks looked red or orange.

Also, @Moose mentioned lightroom software, but its $90. I looked into Adobe Photoshop Elements as well as Adobe Lightroom and the prices were about the same. Which is the best bang for the buck?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi @frandurso,

First of all, you might want to set the white balance on your camera. It's just not normal that colors would be way off as you experienced.

The best bang for the buck is gimp.org. It is a free software application that will do most anything you need to do to your pictures, including adjusting hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, sharpness etc. The gimp.org website is filled with tutorials too.
  • edited June 2013
    This is the fastest and cheapest deep etching, clipping path service, and image background remover editor online to add magic to your pictures. For more information visit here: http://pheditor.com.au/.